The Video Shows Structural Strengthening continued:
- Laser leveled the floor with AP40, AP20 shingle, and crusher dust.
- Double layer of Damp proof membrane
- laying of the post-tensioned flooring system.Christchurch Structural Steel.
- We then laid a new very strong Concrete slab- poured in one session overlay to the steel tensioning system.
The post-tensioned floor system
The Post-tensioned floor system is the Rolls Royce of floor systems as it moves independently of the existing building and is super flat to allow for High-lift forklifts. This independent floor system causes a number of challenges including:
- Allowing for active movement of floor around Toilets and service areas
- Transitions around doors and ramps
- Edge detailing to walls and columns.
- Zero shrinkage cracks and saw-cuts to slab