Large concrete block retaining walls (up to 3m high) were built with considerable reinforcing steelwork up to 20mm high tensile steel. The garage was built first with spruce trusses and bleached plywood linings, then a connecting off-camber vestibule – of spruce and exposed plywood, was built.
Large galvanized steel beam and timber to form deck subframe and a bamboo deck with glass handrails and hardware installed.
Exposed aggregate drive and gabian baskets to complete.
- Resolving site access issues first.
- Re-asses works to allow for full site landscaping to be carried out.
- Spruce trusses built off-site and erected.
- Exterior Cedar sealed and prepared off-site, due to a particularly wet winter.
- Re-use of existing drainage culvert system that was not found until new driveway being formed.